- Prepare your space and altar early. Give yourself enough time between setting up and the start of the ritual to spiritually cleanse and prepare yourself.
- Take a bath or a shower. Add an herbal sachet and a handful of salt to the bath water, or sprinkle some salt and essential oils onto your wash cloth. Burn candles or incense in the bathroom as well to set the mood.
- Relax as you lie or stand in the water. One of the easiest ways to relax is to sit still and clear your mind of any thoughts, and focus on your breathing for a few minutes. Let your mundane worries slip away while you live in the moment, remembering the breath of life is all that's really important at any given moment.
- Envision the water absorbing and washing away negative energy from your body it away. Step out of the tub and dry off. Get dressed (unless you plan to be nude, known as skyclad), do your hair, put on make up or don your ritual jewelry to get physically ready.
- Center yourself just before your ritual begins. If you are holding a group Wiccan ritual, invite everyone to do this so you can align your energies. Sit quietly and breathe rhythmically. Envision your energy in and around your body. It might look like a cloud in your mind, or like sparks and flashes. However you envision it, imagine yourself pulling it all in to the center of your being, just at the base of your spine.
- Envision some of your energy reaching down, going down through the ground, through any foundation or firmament, deep into the Earth, like a root to tap the energy of the Earth.
- Envision some of your energy reaching up, through the ceiling, through the sky, up through the atmosphere, into space to draw down the energy of the universe.
- Anoint yourself, and any other participants, with oils to consecrate yourself for Wiccan ritual, and you are ready to begin.
Free e-books (can be downloaded):George Robert Stowe Mead - Echoes From The Gnosis Vol Vi A Mithriac Ritual
Austin Osman Spare - The Book Of Pleasure Or Self Love
Tags: sleep circle form coven physician witchcraft druids fairies ride generation witchcraft magic connecting firefly wiccan correspondences week witchcraft superstitious science hidden satanic book viking scandinavia