Search This Blog

Thursday 26 August 2010

Religion Belief Shutting The Door

Religion Belief Shutting The Door
SHUTTING THE DOORLUKE 13 23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at THE STRAIT GATE: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25WHEN ONCE THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE IS RISEN UP, AND HATH SHUT TO THE DOOR, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all "ye" workers of iniquity. 28THERE SHALL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you "yourselves" thrust out. 29And they shall come from the east, and "from" the west, and from the north, and "from" the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.REVELATION 3 7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, HE THAT OPENETH, AND NO MAN SHUTTETH; AND SHUTTETH, AND NO MAN OPENETH;

8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee FROM THE HOUR OF TEMPTATION, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, "which is" new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and "I will write upon him" my new name.

13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.MATTHEW 7 12THEREFORE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER YE WOULD THAT MEN SHOULD DO TO YOU, DO YE EVEN SO TO THEM: FOR THIS IS THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide "is" the gate, and broad "is" the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because STRAIT "is" the gate, and narrow "is" the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither "can" a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. 28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29For he taught them as "one" having authority, and not as the scribes.LUKE 14 15And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed "is" he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. 16Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18And they all with one "consent" began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21So that servant came, and showed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel "them" to come in, that my house may be filled. 24For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

"DEFINITIONS"

G4728 'o^oa'i"u`o,, ",Probably from the base of G2476; "narrow" (from obstacles "standing" close about):-strait.

G2476 l'o^oc`i'e,, ", A prolonged form of a primary word 'o^o"U`u

(of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); to "stand" (transitively or intransitively), used in various applications (literally or figuratively):-abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up). Compare G5087.