Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Train Them Up Tuesday Children Prayer

Train Them Up Tuesday Children Prayer
Did you ever sit down to write not having any idea what you are going to write? With Mother's Day just past and we did not see any of our children~ I guess I got a little depressed! Wondering where I went wrong, etc. You know all that stuff the devil brings up? I have to keep reminding myself it is the choices they made in life, not where I have failed. I started reflecting on when they were young.

I remember some of the little things they did and I had to chuckle at some of them. Like for instance ~ when the message one Sunday morning was on the devil and all the things he causes and what will happen to him in the end. My youngest daughter was about 6 and she had a friend come home with her. I did not see them for quite a while so I went out to check on them. They had a shovel and had dug a hole probably 2 feet deep. It so happen to be under the shed that had a dirt floor. I asked them what did they think they were doing. They inform me what the message was on and they were going to bury the devil and get rid of him. Oh how I wish they could have. But a child's fantasy!

Another time when our son was young and had a wagon that he and his friends played with on the sidewalk. We taught our children to talk to God just like they would talk to us. So his prayer that night went something like this. After all the blessing everyone and praying for the sick etc. he had an ad lib. "And, please Dear Lord, help them kids to not always want to hog my wagon." Guess he wasn't getting his fair share of turns!

We did teach them to pray. We saw them use the avenue of prayer as they grew up. So it consoled me to know that they know deep down inside where they can turn and Who they can talk to when they are in need.

Someone said: That prayer is the simplest form of speech that

infant lips can try. BUT UNLESS THEY ARE TAUGHT ~ THEY WILL NEVER KNOW.

SOME CHILDREN'S PRAYERS:

Dear God:


I read your book and I like it. Did you write any others? I would like to write a book someday with the same kind of stories.

Best Wishes, Sarah

Dear God,

If you made the rule for kids to take out the garbage - please change it.

Very Truly, James

Dear God,

Our minister says God is love and when we think good things you are always listening.

Good-by, Linda

THIS ONE WAS THE CUTEST,

Dear God,

I am sorry I was late for Sunday school but I couldn't find my under-

wear. Norm

We pray before we eat no matter where we are. I guess the grace we taught our kids at first was: "God is great, God is good, Let us thank Him for this food. "Then later they caught on to what Mom and Dad were saying. We have had to sit through the blessing of everyone and sick etc, until finally they get down to thanking God for the food. But we did not mind! They finally got it straight! I was thinking that sometimes if we aren't careful the same old prayer will be said each time. We need to be really thankful.

Did you ever find yourself waiting for grace to be said and your companion looks over and ask what did you want? "I'm waiting for prayer". But he had already prayed? Where in the world was I and what was I so intent on that I missed the blessing on the food? So we start over again! Talking about children. Seems we need help sometimes!

It is true that "EVERY PARENT IS A LOOKING GLASS FOR THEIR CHILDREN TO DRESS THEMSLEVES BY."

A CHILD'S PRAYER TO THEIR PARENTS:


A needy little child am I,

Whose thoughts are never very high;

The gifts for which I pray,

I need them day by day.

The God to whom I say my grace


Has got a human face.

For human hands I grope,

For human love I hope;

How can I know the love of God


is true

Without a little love from such as you.

Are we the right example for our children to follow?

By Aliene @ meditationsandmemories.blogspot.com