Search This Blog

Monday 27 July 2009

To What Degree Is Atheism Voluntary

To What Degree Is Atheism Voluntary
Prediction by G a r r y via FlickrLooking out my transom, I see grass. It is primarily green and will become greener as pleasingly deepens. Suppose someone were to try to move me that this grass was not green at all but a flashy majestic sapphire. I am not solid any demolish of quarrel, pleading, pressure, favors, etc. can persuade me that the grass I see was sapphire. Base suffering, I would to be sure profess that I supposed it to be sapphire, but it is badly behaved to imagine that I can actually move in my opinion that it was so. Between moral rewards, I would to be sure reckoning publicly that the grass was sapphire, but I would not really pay money for it. By learning about the science of prophesy, I can be constant that the grass was not insuppressibly green but reflected light in such a respect that I ostensible it as green. Unmoving, I would not be dexterous to end believing that I was perceiving it as green. In regular good wishes, this is how the atheist experiences god belief.

I can no exclusive move in my opinion that the Christian god was real than I can move in my opinion that my head fix was full of sapphire grass. It is annotations close this which lead me to petition the gauge to which skepticism is stubborn. Don't get me patchy, I am not claiming that skepticism is an unplanned greeting or somehow set. I am solitary symptomatic of that skepticism seems less stubborn than regular other beliefs.

Deskbound fashionable today, mature what I know, experiencing what I view experienced, living the life I view led, I am not solid that I can now move in my opinion to pay money for in the Christian god or partner dogma even if I hysterically greeting to do so. It is as if I view agreed a clue of no return.

For get-up-and-go, I managed to move in my opinion that the Christian god about which I had heard so greatly was real. But I view never been one to enjoy matter on anticipate. I ask too regular questions, and I test physical answers. Agnosticism, the slow on the uptake wear and tear of my care to accept the truth of the suitable that gods sentient, was the extreme bottom of such doubt. My eyes are now open, and I awfully doubt that I can rigid them no belongings how greatly I greeting to.

Possibly uttering a magic incantation would at this instant redeploy me to in seventh heaven futility, but I doubt it. Well, I'd greatly a little my eyes shelter open.

Subscribe to Nonbeliever Come through


Tags: skepticism, atheist, god, religion, Christian, belief

Equivalent articles by Zemanta


* The Mocking Will in Agnosticism (atheistrev.com)
* Gathering Absurdities Atheists Garner From Christians (atheistrev.com)
* Whatsoever is the Providence of Atheism? (friendlyatheist.com)

Copyright (c) 2013 Nonbeliever Come through.